The Finnish University Network for Asian Studies welcomes applications for the Master’s Award in Asian Studies 2015.
The Master’s Award is presented to the author of an outstanding master’s thesis that focuses on Asia.
The prize sum is 1,000 euro. The Master’s Award in Asian Studies will be presented at the Asian Studies Days, in Vaasa, the 1st of October.
The Finnish University Network for Asian Studies (Asia Network) as the donor of the award hopes to encourage young scholars to pursue excellence in their studies.
– the thesis has been approved during the period 1.9.2014-31.8.2015 at an Asia Network member university, as a master’s level thesis included in a degree (Member universities: Aalto, Jyväskylä, Lappeenranta, Oulu, Tampere, Turku, Vaasa, Åbo)
– the grade is at least magna cum laude or higher, or at least 4 if the work has been graded on a scale of 1-5
– the work can be from any discipline, but it should clearly focus on Asia and present new information about one or several Asian countries.
– the following aspects are emphasized in the selection: academic excellence, importance of obtained results for Asian studies.
The selection is made by a jury consisting of three board members of the Finnish University Network for Asian Studies.
The application deadline is the 1st of September 2015. To apply for the 2015 award, send the following documents in PDF format to email@example.com.
– Copy of master’s thesis
– Copy of examiners’ statement of the thesis (tarkastajan lausunto gradusta)
– A cover letter (max one A4 page) including your contact details and describing the relevance of your thesis to Asian studies. The cover letter can be written in Finnish, English or Swedish.
The submitted materials will not be returned.
Coordinator of the Asia Network Outi Luova at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tel 02-333 5017.
University Lecturer, Adjunct Professor
Director / Finnish University Network for Asian Studies
Centre for East Asian Studies
University of Turku, Finland
tel +358 (0)2 333 5017