- Next application round is September 3-23, 2018
- APPLICATION FORM (open during the application period)
- Study Guide
Master’s level online courses offer advanced knowledge on Asia. Courses focus on political, social, cultural and economic issues of Asian countries. The Master’s level courses are aimed for students who have already acquired some knowledge about Asia or on the specialty of the particular course. These courses can be used to supplement the student’s studies as part of the degree programme provided by the student’s own university or can be combined with other teaching offered by the University Network for Asian Studies.
Structure of the Studies:
Master’s level courses are organised at different times throughout the year. Check the exact times from the page of each course. The application period is the same for all courses.
You can take Master’s level courses individually or combine them with the basic level courses to complete a Mini Minor in Asian Studies or you can include Master’s level courses in the Asian Programme. The Master’s level courses offered by the University Network do not constitute a study programme alone and therefore it is not possible to receive a minor degree by taking only Master’s level courses.
Who can apply?
1. University students who hold a valid study right at one of the University Network’s member universities can take these courses for free.
Member universities are:
University of Helsinki
University of Jyväskylä
University of Tampere
University of Turku
University of Vaasa
Åbo Akademi University
2. Students at universities of applied sciences can take Master’s level courses for free as part of their Mini Minor if their school endorses the study fee. Follow instructions from the Mini Minor page.
3. Self-paying students (other individuals including students from non-member universities and students from universities of applied sciences whose school will not pay the study fee) may not take individual Master’s level courses, but they can take the courses as a part of the Mini Minor.
How to apply?
- University students from the member universities of the University Network can take courses for free and can apply by filling out the application form in September or November on our website.
- Accepted students are notified by e-mail after the application periods.
When to apply?
- For courses offered in autumn 2018, the application period is September 3-23, 2018.
- For courses offered in spring 2019, the application period is November 5-25, 2018.
- Note: The applications for Introduction to Chinese Contemporary History and Introduction to Mongolian Politics and Society are open year-round.