Application period for summer 2021 courses has started!
Apply by April 25, 2021. Deadline extended to May 2, 2021!
- Introduction to Mongolian Politics and Society (2 ECTS)
- Introduction to Chinese History (5 ECTS)
- Introduction to Chinese Contemporary History (5 ECTS)
- Urban East Asia (3-5 ECTS)
Who can apply?
1. Degree and exchange students from the following institutions:
University of Jyväskylä
University of Tampere
University of Turku
+ Tampere University of Applied Sciences (through the agreement with Tampere University)
+ JAMK University of Applied Sciences (through the agreement with University of Jyväskylä)
Asianet course are free of charge for registered degree students and exchange students from the member universities of the Finnish University Network for Asian Studies. Starting from 2021 they are University of Jyväskylä, University of Tampere and University of Turku. Students from TAMK and JAMK can also take these courses, because of the bilateral agreements of between TAY and TAMK and JYU and JAMK.
Please note that you have to be registered as attending student (läsnäoleva) at your home university when taking these courses.
2. Other students can take these studies against payment as an external self-paying non-degree student of the University of Turku.
This option is available from the Spring term 2021 onwards.
You can sign up as external non-degree student at UTU and have the possibility to take courses and a full minor for the fee of 250 euros. Please fill out first the Asianet application form. The approved students must pay the study fee before the courses start.
Please note that the summer courses cannot be taken through the University of Turku Open University.
Link to application form