Dynamics of regionalization in Asia
The Finnish University Network for Asian Studies together with the University of Vaasa will organize a symposium and a doctoral seminar on Contemporary Asian Studies on Thursday 1st of October– Friday 2nd of October 2015.
In addition, a Master’s Course Lecture Day (Wednesday 30th of September) is included as a pre-event for the Asian Studies Days. Participation to the symposium and lecture day are free of charge. Registration for the Asian studies days should be done at the latest on 25stof September 2015 through this link.
During Asian Studies Days:
- To hear presentations by esteemed speakers, e.g.:
- Soo-hyun Jang is Professor of anthropology at the College of Northeast Asia in the Division of Northeast Asia Cultural Industries.
- Professor Haibin Qi, Huazhong University of Science & Tec, China. Haibin Qi’s specialitation is on International Politics, Law and Development, Legal Theory, Sociology of Law and Comparative Law.
- Participants have opportunity to discuss and network with experts in Asian studies
- Participants can learn about the rising trend in Asia; dynamics of regionalization
- The network will announce Asia Network’s Master’s Thesis winner, and
- Publish the annually updated catalogue “Academic Research Projects on Asia in Finland”.
See the updated program with speakers at http://www.uva.fi/en/sites/asd/