Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I am not a student in one of the Network universities. Can I still participate in the Network's teaching?
1.1 How to fill the application form for non-degree student (self-paying student)
- Applying to study as a self-paying non-degree student. Firstfill in the application form from Asianet-website. If you’re not currently enrolled in any university / polytechnic answer “self-paying” when asked for. After you have accepted you need to register as a non-degree student at the University of Turku. You will find this form in the each of the programme pages under “How to apply?”
- Instructions on how to fill in the application from for non-degree studies:
- Fill in the personal information.
- The Application section: I am applying for the right to study in the following discipline, write “Finnish University Network for Asian Studies”
- Module/Course: write “Asian Programme ” or “Advanced level course Asianet courses”
- Write the names of the courses you want to study. Please make sure you don’t courses over the maximum limit. See limits from each programme page (Asian Programme, Mini Minor, Advanced courses).
- Tick the right semester option and add the year in “I am applying for the right to study from”
- Remember to sign your application!
- Send the application directly to the Network Coordination Unit (see address in the sidebar)
- You will receive instruction on how to pay the study fee after the application period is over. You cannot start your studies before the invoice has been paid.
2. Who signs the confirmation letter of acceptance for students from applied universities?
3. Is it possible to complete the Asian Studies Programme in two years or more?
4. Is it possible to complete the Network courses from abroad?
See Study Guide.
5. Can I take the courses when I am working full-time?
7. I am an exchange student. I will return back to my home country while the Asian Studies programme is still running. Can I finish the programme from home?
8. Which courses have I already taken in the Asian Studies Programme?
10. In what language do I answer the exam questions or write the essays?
11. How are credits from the courses transferred to my own degree? Is it automatic?
12. Can the Master's Level level courses be taken with the Asian Studies Programme?