- Business in East and Southeast Asia (4 or 6 ECTS)
The course aims to give insight into East and Southeast Asia as a macro region with increasing integration into the global economy. The course focuses on the interplay between the international, national, and sub-national systems in Asia Pacific. Economic and political institutions as well as business environments are discussed leading to an analysis of the region as an operational environment for multinational enterprise
- Contemporary South Asia (3 or 5 ECTS)
The course aims to construct a holistic view of the societies and cultures of South Asia with a special focus on globalisation. Other topics include politics, religion, gender, development and urbanisation.
- Contemporary Southeast Asia (3 or 5 ECTS)
This course aims to give students an insight into the rapid economic, political and environmental change in contemporary Southeast Asia. Students will study the situational characteristics of the environmental change and state formation processes in the region.
Combine Bachelor level courses (above) with Master’s level courses (below) to create a Mini Minor in Asian Studies (10 ECTS). The Mini Minor is designed for students who prefer to include a small minor in Asian Studies in their degree. It provides the possibility to gain advanced knowledge of a specific theme or region.
Master’s level online courses offer advanced knowledge on Asia. Courses focus on political, social, cultural and economic issues of Asian countries. The Master’s level courses are aimed for students who have already acquired some knowledge about Asia or on the specialty of the particular course.
- North Korea in the Heart of East Asian Tensions (5 ECTS)
- Women and the Media in China (3 or 5 ECTS)
- China’s Changing Global Role – different perspectives (3 ECTS)
- Chinese Economy (3 or 5 ECTS)
- Project Management in East Asia (4 ECTS)
- Introduction to Chinese History (5 ECTS)
- Introduction to Chinese Contemporary History (5 ECTS)
- Introduction to Mongolian Politics and Society (2 ECTS)